Designed to work with 2017-2019 BMW vehicles with 6.5″ display screen NBT EVO.
Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen, as well as full integration with factory central iDrive controls.
DIY installation is required, however detailed fitting instructions are included. Reversing camera is sold separately. This unit can also accept both front camera and reverse camera (sold separately) – Full 1 year warranty against defects with UK based email support.
Key advantages of the Unique Auto Developments CarPlay kit include
- Full wireless/wired CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later.
- Full wireless/wired Android Auto functionality for compatible Android phone models.
- Screen mirroring function for iPhone and Android phones.
- Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze and be notified of the live traffic information
- Allows handsfree calling and messaging
- Voice control via Siri
- Inbuilt interface for front and rear cameras.
- Play music from your favourite phone apps, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc. Music comes out from Audi factory stereo system.
- Can be connected via both Bluetooth or USB port (included in the kit) to keep your phone charged at the same time
- The USB port included can also accept USB flash drive to play music and videos.
- Full iDrive control.
- We provide a UAD approved USB flash drive for software updates and detailed installation instructions in the box.
- One year warranty and lifetime email support.
Installation steps overview
- Remove central air vent trim with trim tool, undo 2 x torx bolts securing climate control/radio panel, disconnect connectors below – remove.
- Undo 2 x torx bolts holding radio unit, pull out to reveal connections. Plug in our wiring (completely plug and play inline with factory connectors) stow interface box in space behind glovebox, route usb, install microphone, route cable for phone. Refit.
Frequently asked questions
1. Will this kit fit my car?
This is compatible with the below vehicles fitted with NBT EVO 6.5″ system, this is usually identifiable from the BMW radio menu screen shown in image 5 of the photo gallery. This will not fit CIC widescreen nav units (used up to late 2012) or NBT units (usually from 2013 to 07/2015) If you are unsure of fitment please send your VIN to email@example.com.
Compatibility is as follows –
F20 1 series (2017-2019) 6.5″
F22 2 series (2017-2019) 6.5″
F30 3 series (2017-2019) 6.5”
F32 4 series (2017-2019) 6.5”
X1 (2017-2019) 6.5″
X2 (2018-2019) 6.5″
2. Will I have to change my original car screen or make wiring modifications?
This kit allows you to retain the factory fitted display screen in your car, and all wiring is plug and play, so no cutting wires etc.
3. Will sound come out of my car stereo?
Yes, this unit will allow music playback, and all sounds to be emitted through the car speakers, simply switch the original BMW radio to ‘AUX’ mode for playback.
4. Will it work with Left hand drive vehicles?
Yes, our kit is compatible with worldwide models.
Please note – an Apple iPhone is required for CarPlay functionality. Android Auto needs to be connected via a USB cable and the new mic is required to install for using Android Auto voice control function. We don’t guarantee Android Auto will be compatible with your Android phone model.