This Mercedes CarPlay retrofit solution from Unique Auto Developments enables you to use full Apple CarPlay functionality on your cars original screen.
Designed to work with the standard Mercedes-Benz factory audio in 2015-2018 C/GLC cars. Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen. Provides full integration with factory radio controls.
- Full CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later.
- Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation, Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps are all available and be notified of the live traffic information
- Allows handsfree calling and messaging via Siri
- Voice control via Siri
- Allows aftermarket front/rear/360 camera input. (Dynamic guidance lines are supported for vehicles with automatic transmission)
- Play music from your favourite phone apps. Sound comes out from your Mercedes factory stereo system via AUX input.
- Wired connection for enhanced stability and it also charges your phone at the same time
- Full button control.
- We provide detailed fitting instructions.
- One year warranty and lifetime email support.
It fits W205 C Class fitted with either Audio 20 or COMAND (Late 2014 to 2018) and X253 GLC fitted with either Audio 20 or COMAND (2015 to 2018).
It fits both LHD and RHD vehicles.
Installation steps overview
- Removal of centre console trim – remove armrest button trim, undo 2 x torx bolts, pull trim straight up, disconnect connectors below – remove trim.
- Undo 2 x torx bolts holding radio unit, pull out to reveal connections. Plug in our wiring (completely plug and play inline with factory connectors) stow interface box in space behind radio, route usb cable for phone. Route wiring and install microphone in central overhead console. Refit.
1. Will I have to change my original car screen or make wiring modifications?
This kit allows you to retain the factory fitted display screen in your car, and all wiring is plug and play, so no cutting/modifying wires etc is required.
2. Will sound come out of my car stereo?
Yes, this unit will allow music playback, and all sounds to be emitted through the car speakers, simply switch the Mercedes radio to ‘AUX’ mode for playback.
3. Where do I plug in my phone?
Our kit comes with a dedicated USB port for CarPlay where you can plug in the lighting cable. When using Apple CarPlay, simply just connect your phone to the lightning cable, it will charge your phone at the same time.
*Reversing camera shown is sold separately.