This Audi CarPlay box from Unique Auto Developments is a great alternative to an expensive MMI upgrade or navigation retrofit. This kit enables you to use your favourite navigation app on your phone, listen to music, read messages, and everything your phone can do, you can do it on your car’s factory screen and stereo.
Designed to work with the standard Symphony and Concert radios, for cars without factory fitted navigation. Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen. Also includes a touch screen overlay giving full touch control from the original factory screen, as well as full integration with factory steering wheel and radio controls.
DIY installation is required, however fitting tools, detailed fitting instructions and walkthrough installation video are included. Reversing camera shown is sold separately. This unit can also accept both front camera and 360 degree camera inputs (sold separately) – Full 1 year warranty against defects with UK based email support.
Key advantages of the Unique Auto Developments CarPlay kit include
• Full CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later
• Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps) and be notified of the live traffic information
• Allows handsfree calling and messaging
• Voice control via Siri
• Allows front/rear aftermarket camera input
• Play music from your favourite phone apps. Music comes out from Audi factory stereo system.
• Can be connected via both Bluetooth or USB port (included in the kit) to keep your phone charged at the same time – wireless kits only*
• The USB port included can also accept USB flash drive to play music and video
• Touch control and steering wheel control
• Easy to install. No need to remove climate control, radio unit and air vents (Concert/Symphony kit).
• We provide an installation video and a detailed instruction.
• One year warranty and lifetime email support.
This kit fits Q5 with Concert or Symphony (written on your stereo).
Your Q5 must have a coloured screen and a media button.
Your Q5 must have either Aux in the menu or an AMI port (Audi Music Interface) to be able to hear the sound from CarPlay.
Installation steps overview
This Concert/Symphony kit is particular easy to install. No need to remove climate control, radio unit and air vents.
Pop out the AMI with release keys included – drop down glove box – remove the screen and connect LVDS at back of the screen – route microphone – make connections on the interface box – refit everything.
What’s in the box ? –
• 1 x UAD Audi Carplay box • 1 x Plug and play wiring loom • 1 x Microphone • 1 x Touchscreen overlay • 1 x Instruction manual • 1 x Screen (LVDS) cable • 1 x Reverse Camera wiring loom • 1 x Stereo control integration wiring
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My Audi has MMI fitted. Will this kit fit my car?
No, this kit doesn’t fit cars that have MMI. But we do have a CarPlay kit for the MMI model cars. Please contact us for more information.
2. My car has AMI (Audi Music Interface). Will this fit my car?
Yes, it will fit all Audi B8 A4/A5/Q5 models fitted with Concert/Symphony stereo and AMI, however if your car is equipped with AMI, please leave us a note when checking out, so we will include an extra cable.
3. Will I have to change my original car screen or make wiring modifications?
This kit allows you to retain the factory fitted display screen in your car, and all wiring is plug and play, so no cutting wires etc.
4. Is this compatible with Android smartphones?
Yes, this unit supports mirroring of all apps to the car screen, however sound must be connected separately to 3.5mm AUX
5. Will sound come out of my car stereo?
Yes, this unit will allow music playback, and all sounds to be emitted through the car speakers, simply switch the Audi radio to ‘AUX’ mode for playback.
6. Will it work with Left hand drive vehicles?
Yes, our kit is compatible with worldwide models.Please note – an Apple iPhone is required for CarPlay functionality.
If your car is fitted with an AMI (Audi music Interface box) please leave us a note when checking out, as we will include an extra cable for you.