This CarPlay retrofit solution from Unique Auto Developments enables you to use full Apple CarPlay functionality and mirror your favourite phone apps on your cars original screen. Designed to work with all A3 8V 2013-2017. Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen. Provides full integration with factory MMI controls.
Key advantages of the Unique Auto Developments CarPlay kit include –
• Superior sound quality due to good quality components – no difference in quality with playing music from AUX or AMI.
• Full CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later
• Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation and be notified of the live traffic information
• Allows handsfree calling and messaging.
• Voice control via Siri
• Play music from your favourite phone apps – audio plays from Audi factory stereo system.
• Can be connected via Bluetooth, so CarPlay will auto connect and display when you step in the car.
• It can also be connected via USB port (included in the kit) to keep your phone charged at the same time or play music and videos from a USB flash drive/hard drive.
• Full central button control.
• We provide detailed installation instructions.
• A UAD approved flash drive for future software updates is included in the pack.
• Inbuilt interface for front, rear cameras and 360 cameras.
• One year warranty and lifetime email support.
Fits both LHD and RHD models.
Fits A3 with AMI and without AMI.
DOES NOT fit cars without a central display screen on the dashboard.
Installation steps overview
This CarPlay system is designed for plug and play fitment, no modification of wires or drilling is required for this CarPlay kit. Installation for the A3 CarPlay kit requires temporary removal of the multimedia unit (release keys included in the kit) and the glove box (8 bolts to remove). Then plug in our wiring behind the multimedia unit and locate the Unique Auto Developments CarPlay interface box above the glove box. A microphone needs to be installed to avoid conflict with factory mic.
Frequently Asked Questions