Designed to work with Widescreen 6.5″ 8.8″ 10.2″ NBT system in BMW i3.
Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen, as well as full integration with factory steering wheel and radio controls.
DIY installation is required, however detailed fitting instructions are included.
Key advantages of the Unique Auto Developments product include
• Full wireless CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later
• Wired Android Auto function*
• Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze and be notified of the live traffic information
• Allows handsfree calling and messaging
• Voice control via Siri
• Inbuilt interface for front and rear cameras.
• Play music from your favourite phone apps, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc. Music comes out from BMW factory stereo system.
• Can be connected Wirelessly or by USB port (included in the kit) to keep your phone charged at the same time*
• The USB port included can also accept USB flash drive/hard drive to play music and videos.
• Full iDrive control and steering wheel control.
• We provide a UAD approved USB flash drive for software updates
• Plug and play easy installation. Everything is installed under the rear seat. No need to disassemble dash/glovebox/screen.
• Work with factory mic. For details, check the manual in the box.
• An installation guide will be included in the box.
• One year warranty and lifetime email support.
It fits i3 equipped with NBT Headunit with 6.5″/8.8″/10/2″ Widescreen. It fits both LHD and RHD vehicles.
If you are unsure of fitment, please contact us with your VIN number and we can advise.
Frequently asked questions
1. Will this kit fit my car?
See compatibility details above, if unsure, send your VIN to email@example.com
2. Will I have to change my original car screen or make wiring modifications?
This kit allows you to retain the factory fitted display screen in your car, and all wiring is plug and play, so no cutting wires etc.
3. Will sound come out of my car stereo?
Yes, this unit will allow music playback, and all sounds to be emitted through the car speakers, simply switch the original BMW radio to ‘AUX’ mode for playback.
4. Will it work with Left hand drive vehicles?
Yes, our kit is compatible with worldwide models.
Please note – an Apple iPhone is required for CarPlay functionality. Android Auto needs to be connected via a USB cable and the new mic is required to install for using Android Auto voice control function. We don’t guarantee Android Auto will be compatible with your Android phone model.